Apply for a payment plan or extension of time for a fine

Apply for a payment arrangement by instalments

If you are you experiencing financial difficulties or anticipate that you'll not be able to pay your fine by the due date, you may be eligible to apply for a payment arrangement with Fines Victoria. 

You may also apply to the Director, Fines Victoria for a payment arrangement should you have multiple fines across different enforcement agencies by using the provided link.

Please make your request to Council who will refer the matter on your behalf to Fines Victoria for assessment.


Apply for an extension of time

You can request in writing an extension of time to pay which may be granted at our discretion.


How to apply

To apply for a payment plan or extension, email us with the following information:

  • your contact details (including residential address)
  • specify if you are seeking an extension/payment arrangement by instalments
  • a copy of your infringement notice/or reference number
  • a reason for your application.

Otherwise, you can pay your infringement in full now.